Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Daily Report:Rock Climbing

Today was just a half a day of school. We skipped studying about Magellan. In December Celebrations the kids had to follow directions on their own to complete a paper Menorah. Unfortunately my help prevented Ken from successfully completing hers. Since I didn't read the directions thoroughly when she asked me to help her I gave a shortcut way to get it done:( The way I told her in the end prevented her candle flames from being properly placed. It is something small, but truly the point of the lesson was to follow the directions, and looking back I should have reread the step with her and asked her specifically what helped she needed from me. A lesson learned!! Here is a picture of DJ's completed Menorah.
In THE LION,THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE it is very hard for me to write about the chapter that we read without spoiling it for those who haven't read this book yet. We found out who Aslan is, and Edmund is in search of some more Turkish Delight. Michelle has read this book before, and I don't know what took me so long to read it, we are definetly enjoying reading this book.

During Montessori Work Period

 Ken did the Parts of Speech sort, and match with examples, and definitions.

              Worked on prefixes                                                                         


DJ worked with our human body model and was happy that he was able to put it all back together.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

                       Homophones matching
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
  The kids also skipped Life Of Fred today. Their highlight was swim class and rock climbing. I usually miss out on all their fun there because I am still working so I just drop them off. I was really happy that I got there a few minutes early and was able to take photos of DJ in action.


Yes I always have a camera with me:)                                                                                                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!