Thursday, December 29, 2011

I Think Their Break Is Coming To An End

This is a good sign that things are going in the right direction in our homeschooling journey. Today Ken and DJ asked if we could read a chapter in THE LION, THE WITCH , AND THE WARDROBE. It was a sad chapter too. Aslan became a favorite character to them, and I almost think that Ken was silently crying with Lucy and Susan, so sad. We only have three more chapters to read and then on to the next book, which will be A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'Engle. Michelle declares this book her favorite book she read in her elementary years. Speaking of Michelle she has witnessed some unschooling type of learning going on and has really taken to our zoo trip and has done tons of research on the Amur Tiger. They asked me if we can do school tomorrow, I am not sure what they mean, the materials are on the shelf avaliable to them. I guess I just need to let them know it is O.K to still be working even though you know other kids are on break. I think this is what got them thinking they wanted a break anyway.

Michelle passed down some of her science kits later in the day and DJ got busy with this Solar House kit. So far he is doing a great job in following the directions in the manual. I took a couple of pictures to share with you.


There are 23 steps to complete this project. DJ stopped at the ninth step. After completing this project he may be able to answer this question, How does a solar cell generate electricity?
When I first purchased this for Michelle I really wanted a good manual with detailed instructions because I wanted this to be an independent project. This is a great manual, and it has pictures to illustrate for some steps.

I really appreciate how Michelle took care of her kits, there were no many pieces, and DJ and Ken felt like they were getting brand new works.                                                                          

                                                                            

                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!