Saturday, August 10, 2013

Refocusing!


Just a word of encouragement for those like myself who may be feeling a bit overwhelmed by the material making involved in homeschooling using the Montessori Method. I have been reading our State's Standards(Michigan) and 7th Grade Social Studies particularly makes me feel good. Why? Well I would like  for you all to visit this link here. I think if you have been doing any research for Elementary or Upper Elementary you may be able to see that ALL of the lessons involving The Fundamental Needs of Man covers most of the requirements and when the child is left to absorb the information and takes little rabbit trails along the way they probably would surpass these standards. As my eyes were reading I had a lightbulb moment. I find it is going to be much easier for Ken, DJ, and I if I continue to make the materials, and plus we love the Montessori Method. 

1 comment:

Your Comments Are Greatly Appreciated!!